Tuesday 11 February 2014

Make a wish....


Another late post today!  I've had a busy day, filled with grocery shopping, meetings, on top of all my usual Mummy duties.  I'm not sharing a Tuesday tip today as I have one ready on my laptop which I will have back very soon I hope!  Instead, today I will share a card that I made to fit in with a couple of challenges.  




The colours over at CAS Colours & Sketches inspired me as I don't very often do masculine cards, I have teamed these with this week's Freshly Made Sketch, I'm actually late for the sketch challenge as I had to wait to get on Hubby's computer, still I wanted to share.  Click on either picture to go straight to the challenge blog and see what beauties the design teams have created.


I've used the brand new set Perfect Pennants and gone for a 10.5cm x 10.5cm card, I've rounded the corners too, this gives a different feel I think.


The inside got a little attention too, I love the banner stamps in this set


The focal point of the card is the sentiment and you can see that I have used my markers to be able to have a mutli-coloured image.  I added a bit of interest to the sentiment by stamping the 'a' again, punching it out and popping it up before adding some crystal effects for some shine.  I hope you like today's card, only two days till I get my laptop back - woo hoo!

3 comments:

karen h said...

Awesome card - great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Unknown said...

A wonderful birthday card Vicky-Lou!
Thanks for joining us at CAS this week! :)
Lizy xx

Vicky said...

Thank you for your lovely comments ladies xx