Monday 19 August 2013

Another late Scrapbook Saturday!

Hello!  With the summer holidays my crafting has been relegated a little, and my blogging is further down the list – sorry.  Well the children are playing in the garden and I was sat here watching them so I thought I’d sneak in a quick post.  It’s been about a week since my last post, and I had meant to fit one in midweek as well as Saturday. Oh well, we are enjoying the time that we get to spend together.  Hubby is a teacher so we are very lucky that he is here with us to enjoy most of the summer too!

Onto crafting, I have lots of pictures ready to blog but today I will share the layout from last month’s scrapbook club, I really enjoy these sessions and it’s lovely that we are getting some new crafters join us too!

Georgie (who runs the group with me) and I wanted to start with all white and see where it took us.  We had cardstock, vellum, ribbon & rhinestones.  After a skype session to discuss layouts we settled on a sketch and started playing.

My Daughter (on the left) and my niece (right) at my Sister’s wedding last October.  I've used sponges and 3 different inks (blushing bride, crisp cantaloupe, and calypso coral)  to create a graduated effect on the centre panel which is then stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  The flowers were stamped and heat embossed on vellum, which I coloured again using sponges.

2013-08-17 21.25.02

The second page featuring one of my favourite pictures from the day :)  Can you see the embossed vellum panel at the bottom?

2013-08-17 21.25.42

A close up shot showing the detail, I added a bit of ‘bling’ too!

2013-08-17 21.25.13

Finally the two pages together.  It was great to see how different the pages came out on the night depending on the colours used, I’ll try and get some pictures to share with you.

2013-08-17 21.27.39


No comments: