Saturday 27 April 2013

Scrapbook Saturday

Hello! Sorry for not blogging yesterday, it’s been a busy week.  For today I wanted to share two scrapbook layouts ‘from the archive’.  I met one of my downline, Georgie just over 2 years ago.  Quite soon she expressed an interest in running a scrapbook club but didn't want to do it on her own, I’d never done any scrapbooking but was willing to ‘give it a go’ – I'm so pleased I did!
This first one is my very first attempt at scrapbooking ever!  Very clean and simple, we wanted to focus on a couple of techniques and I remember this one was punching and different ribbon methods.

DSCF1107

Some beautiful pictures of my little angel taken by Debbie at Ido! Photographic when she was only four weeks old.

DSCF1110

This next one focused on texture and making your own embellishments, here a pinwheel and a flower.  Each of the panels is a different texture or pattern.  We also dyed some linen thread too.
 
DSCF1058 

Traditionally a pinwheel is made from a square of paper but this one was actually four triangles, this enabled us to achieve the two tone finish.  You can also see the spotty embossed finish on the yellow square.

DSCF1059

Here’s a close up of the flower, I made this using the build a blossom punch.

DSCF1060    
I hope you like today’s shares, come back soon for more.  Happy Crafting!

No comments: