Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day Cards

Ooops! I'm not quite sure where time has gone! I've had a lot going on personally, thanks to everyone who has helped me out xxx

Anyhow today is Mothering Sunday in the UK and I wanted to share the cards that I made for my Mum and Mum-In-Law.  First up my Mum's card.  I've been wanting to make a cascading card for ages and this was the perfect excuse.


The next picture shows that although this is a 3d card it folds down flat - great for posting!


Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, My Friend, Pappillion Potpourri, Delightful Dozen
Punches: Blossom, Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly, Decorative Label
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rose Red
Inks: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist.

Here's her gift - pink tulips chosen by Daisy, wrapped up in..... yep you guessed it SU! brown packing paper. Or as my son likes to say "Stampin' Up! snake paper!"


Here's the card I made my Mum-In-Law. Based on one made by the lovely Bekka Prideaux.  It's a double z-fold card with an apeture, looks confusing but actually quite simple.  I've used my favourite pattern from the SAB paper pack - you have until March 22nd if you want some yourself!  


Here's a close up of the sentiment, I really like the pierced detail.


 Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Amazing Family
Dies: Apothecary Accents
Tools: BigShot, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack
Cardstock: Rich Razzlebery, Whisper White
DSP: Maddison Avenue
Ink: Rich Razzleberry

I was even able to use the 'off cuts' as tags on some recent customer orders - more about that tomorrow!

No comments: