Monday 8 August 2011

Scrapbook Club

The monthly Scrap club at St Crispin's in Northampton has been running for 3 months now and I wanted to share some of the bits and pieces that we have done.  I am new to scrapbooking and it was my downline Georgie who initially was keen to set this group up, I am so glad that she pushed me!  We meet on the first Tuesday of every month and work on a double page 12 x 12 layout. 

For our first ssession we worked from a sketch, and chose the colours Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink.  I did a layout using pictures of Daisy.  We demonstrated a couple of techniques with ribbon and also I showed how to use the embossing folders and the BigShot to emboss a 12 inch length.



 Still being quite new I kept my layout quite 'flat' I am starting to come to terms with more interactive layouts :)  I could have had pull out tabs for journalling etc.


This is Pam and Denise's take on one of the pages of our sketch, the colours in the dress tie in beautifully!

 

For our second month we had a theme of 'Celebrations' and our colours were Rose Red, So Saffron and Marina Mist.  We demonstrated paper piecing with strips of dsp and card to create a backgorund, we also did some sponging.

I'll be back very soon to share the results with you as the pictures are on another machine!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: