Monday 18 July 2011

Inspiration from Training

I posted yesterday about the swaps that I made to give to people at the training event.  Another really great thing about these events is that there are so many samples of other peoples work for us to look at.  There were 'inspiration stations' and workshop wow's and so many ideas to take in.  Today I am going to share a few of my favourite.  I will credit people where I can remember but apologies if I miss someone, if it's your work or you know who it is please let me know!

Firstly I want to share one of the amazing items that Claire made usinf the owl punch.  I think that it almost looks like an owl family tree!


Next two items made by the very talented Dawn.  First are some beautiful bag/boxes, I love the vibrant colours in the one on the left!


The second pic from Dawn's table is a beautiful paper lilly - I must try this out very soon!  Dawn had also made roses using the ornament punch and you can just see one of these too.


Next for one of the workshop wows we were shown how to get more out of the Scallop Envelope die for the BigShot, I am sorry but I didn't catch the lady's name.  I love this idea as initially the size of the finished box seems a bit limiting - so many more ideas now though!


Finally another workshop wow and again I missed this lady's name, I think I was too excited by all the WOW'S!  This technique produces a fake patent crocodile skin effect and it looks so fantastic!  I hope you can see the detail on the black section of this cute little purse.  I will be playing with this technique as it looked like lots of fun!


That's all for today, I hope that you are feeling as inspired as I was.  I will be back soon and will share the projects that we got to make at the training event, I just have a few bits to finish up :)

Bye for now

Vicky x

No comments: