Sunday 3 April 2011

Mother's Day ...

 Happy Mother's day to all you wonderful Mummies out there!  Today I want to share the cards that I made for my Mum and also my Mother in Law.  Firstly I used the new Build A Blossom stamp set and the co-ordinating punch - LOVE IT!!!!  I've used poppy parade ink and stamped off first with the solid image then over stamped with the detail image with a 'full inking' - I think perhaps I'll post a little picture tutorial of how to do this soon as I'm not sure I'm explaining myself that well :)  There is quite a lot of white space on this card and for me that's a new thing - what do you think?  The second card is for my Mum, she has a thing for red tulips and this set inspired me to have a play - I think I've captured the tulip reasonably well :)

I've used the same colour combination of Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Whisper White but this time I've stamped the detail in classic ink onto the coloured cardstock.  I used my bone folder to add the vein detail to the leaves and the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to look like stems.  Mum is stamped using the gorgeous set Broadsheet Alphabet, it's a beautiful set and so versatile.


Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Love both of these Vicky !

Vicky said...

Thanks Carole! They were both very well recieved.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for your lovely comment.

Your your mother's day cards they are both really lovely. this stamp set is on my wish list