Thursday 7 April 2011

Inky fingers.....

... more on that in a bit! 

I'm having so much fun playing with my BigShot at the moment.  The dies are turning out to be loads more versatile than I first thought!  I wanted to share with this little project with you


It' a little handbag made using two of the Scallop Envelope die cuts.  How cute?!?  I decided that I wanted to make a card to go with it to give to my gorgeous friend Debbie as she celebrated her birthday on Tuesday - she kept it quiet though so I'm really glad of my facebook reminder :)


The card is done using the new set Baby Blossoms.  I stamped a random background using Reagal Rose, Rose Red Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake. (above)  By using the 'stamping off' technique you get a few different shades of the same colour which I really like.  I got this stamp set in clear mount and you don't even need to use the stamp-a-majig, this is saying a lot as I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to my crafting.  I am beginning to step out of that comfort zone though :)  I also used the beautiful new seam binding ribbon, it ruffles so well! Here's a close up


You can see from the close up that I've also used my Rose Red and Crumb Cake markers with the colour spritzer tool, I'm liking this finish!  Here's the finished card, just to prove that I can do distressing I tore the edges!  The sentiment is from Perfect Punches.



And now to explain the title of this post.  I spent a really lovely couple of hours last night with some crafty friends but I did get in a bit of a mess - more out of my comfort zone distressing!  Here's proof!


Only thing is, I can't get it off! I've tried baby wipes, staz on cleaner, washing up liquid but it's not budging - all tips gratefully recieved. Oh it's just the normal SU ink.  Will post pics of the projects soon - happy crafting xx

No comments: