Wednesday 13 April 2011

Club cards week 2


We made two cards this week.  I wanted to show how you can use the inkpads for water colouring so kept the cards simple.  These pictures show the first of the two cards.  I used circle punches to create the window and frame.  I kept the water colouring on this card quite flat to show the difference you can achieve, the second card is much more shaded.  The stamp set is A Flower for All Seasons.


The second card, I did two layouts just by switching the orientation.  Excuse the shadows, I didn't notice them when I took the pictures!


Heere's a close up of the image, I've built up the colour and shaded the outline.  I am by no means an artist but I find this technique really forgiving especially if you use watercolour paper.  I've added a mat for the image using the same size punch and cutting it in half then layering on the back.  I also tore the DSP strip to add a little bit more interest.


If you live in or near Northampton and would like to come along to classes get in touch by clicking on the contact me tab at the top of the page.

No comments: