Wednesday 1 September 2010

Very first cards....

This is the first of some scheduled posts - will update asap on news re new arrival I promise!

Obviously over the past few weeks or so we have had to clear out my 'craft room' to make way for the new baby. In the process of doing this I found 3 of the very first cards I made right after my starter kit arrived! I can't believe how different they look from the work I do now - mind you it's even scarier looking back at cards I made 12 years ago! Maybe I'll try and find some piccies of those one day :)

The stamp set is Fun & Fast Notes. I'm not sure what this type of fold is called but I do really like it. I've used the scallop border punch down the edges. I kept my first card very simple - just matting and layering with Whisper White and Brilliant Blue.

This one uses Whisper White and Pink Passion card stock, I used water colour pencils from my stash to colour the image - apologies for the smudged candle.

Finally Whisper White with Real Red and Glorious Green c/s again coloured with water colour pencils. I think that over the next few months I'll have to dig this set out as I've not used it in ages, seeing these very early attempts has got me thinking .......

Bye for now!

Vicky x

No comments: