Monday 6 September 2010

Christmas Cards.....

While sorting through my 'craft room' now baby's room, I found samples of some cards that I have made at various workshops with my lovely upline Tricia. Today I wanted to share a few christmas cards - more will definitely follow in later posts. This first card uses Whisper White and Real Red with a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter for a little festive bling! The stamps are from Season of Joy with the sentiment from Old Fashioned Christmas. I've cut out 3 of the flowers from SOJ added the bling and used stampin dimensionals to pop them up.

You'll also notice from this close up shot that I've used the Paper Piercing Tool and mat pack to add a little extra detail.

I love this next card, it is so quick to put together and really made me look at my punches a bit differently. Colours are Whisper White, Old Olive and Real Red. Again the flourish is from Season of Joy - I can't remember where the sentiment came from! The flowers are made using the 5-Petal Flower punch, 2 in Real Red and 1 in Old Olive. Layer them up with the green at the bottom so that none of the petals match - tombow adhesive is great to use as you get a little bit of slip-a-bility to play with.

This close up shows the detail of the 'Poinsettia' flowers. I used my bone folder to 'score' in some vein detail. The tiny circles were punched using the crop-a-dile and of course the obligatory bit of festive bling in the form of dazzling diamonds.

Nice and simple for number 3! Old Olive and Whisper White with the tree and tiny flower again from SOJ. I've used versamark ink on the Old Olive c/s which gives a lovely watermark effect. A length of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and some stampin dimensionals to pop the tree up and all finished.

Finally a little one with a 'peek-a-boo' window. I used the scallop circle punch, the 1 and 3/8 inch and the 1 and 1/4 inch circle punches. First stamp the snowflake from SOJ onto your card front, punch this out using the smaller of the 2 circle punches. Next using the larger circle punch cut a red circle - make sure to leave room around the outside for the scallops. Use the red circle to mat with the snowflake and adhere inside the card so that it sits though the 'window. Line your scallop circle punch over the hole that you have in your red card stock, punch and voila you get a scalloped 'ring'

To attach the ribbon to the card cut a slit into the spine and then tie it through the window.

Hope this all made sense! Bye for now.

Vicky x

No comments: